YOUTH + VOICE + POWER = The Adler Planetarium Youth Leadership Council!
Adler’s Youth Leadership Council provides dedicated young people the opportunity to take a more active role within the Adler Planetarium. Youth Leadership Council members work to increase awareness about the positive impact of youth driven programs, extend the reach of youth influence on internal and external museum projects, serve as a liaison between the Adler organization and communities at large, and to increase Adler’s circle of influence to spark empowerment of more young leaders though STEAM learning experiences. WHO’s READY!? APPLY TODAY! Applications are due September 21st.
* Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule a phone interview.
Saturdays, 10:00AM - 2:00PM throughout the school year.
Interested? Here’s what we look for:
• Currently enrolled in grade high school.
• Have a curiosity about S.T.E.A.M. education. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math)
• Have a desire to identify your current leadership strengths and to build on them.
• Want to contribute to the vitality of the youth community at Adler.
• Want to develop ideas that inspires and motivate others.
Youth Leadership Council members receive a $600 stipend for their service on the council. The stipend is paid in installments over the course of the school year, and according to each individual’s active participation. Council members are required to attend weekly of the program sessions to receive the full stipend amount.
CTA passes provided
Share this workshop
Badges you can earn for this workshop
Type: In Person
Date + Time
Date(s): 10/20/2018 - 06/08/2019
Days: Sat (10:00 AM-2:00 PM)
Registration deadline: 09/21/2018
Adler Planetarium 1300 South Lake Shore Drive Chicago,IL 60605