200 Level - You've had some practice
Logos are all around us, and have the ability to evoke strong reactions and stay in our memories throughout our lifetimes.
Imagine a new basketball training center is coming to Chicago called “Windy City Training”, and they have hired you to create a logo for them. What colors, text, and design will reflect basketball and the city of Chicago?
Steps to Complete this Challenge:
1. Take a look at these famous company logos and think about the following questions:
How are complementary and contrasting colors used?
Is there an image? How does it enhance and help audiences know the company brand?
What text style is used, if any?
2. Select 2-3 images of your choosing from off line, your original illustration or photos for your Windy City logo
3. Pick 2 contrasting colors which reflects the city. Contrasting colors mean opposite colors that look good together, for instance black and white, yellow and blue. For example, you can choose one color for your font and a “contrasting”
or different color for the background.
4. Select an engaging and appropriate text style.
Text style is important in choosing the way you want to display the
name. When choosing an engaging text style you want to think about how
big or small the font should be, should the style be fun and whimsical
or formal and conservative. Look at the examples of text style and
color contrast within the resource section before you begin your
5. Upload your "Windy City Training" Logo